Comments in Chinese

I've been getting quite a few comments on this blog recently that are written in Chinese. This seems strange to me, because the blog posts are written of course in English, so you would expect the comments to be posted in the same language.

Not that I mind really. People are entitled to post in any language they want, so I don't wish to curtail that freedom. It just seems odd.

Presumably whoever it is doing the commenting is able to read English, so it begs the question of why they don't comment in kind.

Am I missing something?

I could put it into Google Translate, but I can't really be bothered. Besides, the experiences I've had in translating Chinese into English have usually left me feeling none the wiser for taking the trouble. I'm told that the Chinese language is somewhat pictorial, and the rendering in English looks very strange.

Is it spam? Maybe...

2 comments:

Eruesso said...

spam. Delete and make sure you don't click on their links.

Aimee said...

Thank you. It's nice to know I have friends who are looking after me. God bless.